What means "Hôtels au naturel"?
WHAT MEANS "HOTEL AU NATUREL" ?
The association of Hotels au Naturel gathers 22 hotels within 9 national parks run on a regional basis, all located in privileged resorts with "nature" activities.
The hotels involve themselves in an ecotourism project of sustainable development and environment protection. They respect the natural and social environment of their region and propose local produces.
Educated staff to "green" is available to inform you on places of interest to visit in the natural parks as well as walking and hiking trails close to the hotel and all other "nature" activities.
In les Baux de Provence, you will have the pleasure of discovering regional specialties and we will be pleased to present you the local producers who will share their know how with you.
Our commitments to sustainable practices :
Our hotel is committed to sustainable practices throughout its daily hotel management since 2010 and the following measures have been implemented
- We have installed flow regulations on all taps and showers to control water consumption, as water is becoming a scarce resource in les Alpilles and a notice informs you in the bathroom that towels are cleaned on request,
- All bathrooms are being equipped with shampoo and gel shower pump dispensers to limit individual packaging and reduce solid waste. The shampoo & body gel "Une Olive en Provence" is made from olive oil olive leaf extract from Maussane-les-Alpilles.
- We are gradually fitting all our rooms with energy-saver card switches (1/4 of the rooms equipped at this time) and MINUTEURS are set up in technical rooms and some public premises,
- We only purchase biodegradable or Ecolabel certified cleaning supplies.
- Our brochure and most of our stationery is printed on recycled paper.
- Our employees have been given a training course to raise their awareness of environmentally friendly behaviour.
- We are replacing every bulb with economic lighting.
- Your room temperature is automatically set on 23°C in summer.
- The hotel has implemented waste separation for recycling purposes.
- Local products are offered at breakfast and lunch time.
- We promote regional products and we favour local supplies (local fruits and vegetables, cheeses, olive oil, wines, …) through our lunch menu and through the packages we propose to our clients.
- We encourage to experience walking, hiking or biking from the hotel to discover the protected environment of the natural park of les Alpilles.